Wednesday 19 February 2014

LA GIRL DIY NAIL KIT - FABULOUS

 When I saw these kits on Ozsale I knew I had to get them straight away! At only $4.00 for a box of four I knew it was a steal, and if they were duds I wouldn't be too upset about it. I ended up buying four different sets which I will review one by one in the coming weeks.


Each set comes with a set of instructions on how to do different nail art designs, a nail art brush and a set of nail stickers to help with chevron designs.

Unfortunately, the stickers were just TERRIBLE and a nightmare to use as they didn't stick properly and were just way too big to use, but in the scheme of things it wasn't such a big deal. I mean, for $4.00 how much can you ask for?


 The nail brush was also a bit of a miss. The hairs just weren't of a very good quality and made it practically impossible to do any sort of nail art work. I'm hoping that the rest of the brushes in the other boxes are a little better.

The polishes do not have any specific names or numbers assigned to them.

Fabulous has three creme finish polishes and one glitter base polish. All the colours are very easy to apply and are a little bit thicker in consistency in comparison to China Glaze or OPI but some of the nail brushes were a little uneven and made the application a little streaky, especially the nude colour.





Overall, this set is DEFINITELY worth it, I don't think you could find a cheaper set on the market that still delivers great pigmentation, durability and versatility. As a bonus, this polish is also thick enough to use in your nail stamping kits.

If you are lucky enough to have an LA Girl stockist near you definitely keep an eye out for these sets or sign up to Ozsale as they tend to become available a couple of times a year.

 This was the design I came up with using this set. Please excuse the black around my nails, the Chalkboard Manicure was EXTREMELY hard to get off! :)

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...