Tuesday 15 October 2013

OPI Mariah Carey Pure Top Coat

OPI Mariah Carey PURE Top Coat $39.95RRP
When I saw that OPI was releasing another limited edition top coat I KNEW I had to get it! So when I was out shopping with the hubs I made a stop past David Jones to see if it had landed and I was lucky enough to get the last bottle!

Now of course, this top coat will draw comparisons to the OPI Man with the Golden Gun which was released in October 2012 for the James Bond Collection, but they are quite different to each other. As you read on you'll see the differences between the two.

(L) PURE; (R) The Man with the Golden Gun
 When I think of Mariah Carey I think of luxury and indulgence, as I think her lifestyle is just that, and I think this top coat is truly a reflection of those characteristics. This top coat is loaded with 18k gold and silver leaf which you can see in the shot below.

Macro shot - unedited
I applied two coats to my base colour (China Glaze Temptation Carnation) and I think there was more than enough coverage for that "bling" factor.

Macro shot - unedited
 When I think back to when I first applied The Man with the Golden Gun 18k Gold Top Coat I couldn't recall being as happy with the coverage as I was with the Mariah Carey PURE top coat so I thought I'd try a comparison.

(L) Man with the Golden Gun (R) Mariah Carey PURE
 As you can see, The Man with the Golden Gun top coat is quite sparse in the foil distribution and I even had to apply three coats to achieve a decent amount of coverage, where as Mariah Carey PURE is quite liberal in its application and only needed two coats to achieve a good coat.

The other thing that I should mention is that I quite adore the colour of the PURE as I feel the Man with the Golden Gun top coat is just a tad too yellow for my liking but I know it has it's place in my little nail polish collection.


 Overall I am SO happy with Mariah Carey's PURE polish and I am really looking forward to seeing what other limited edition top coats OPI will come out with in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...