Friday 24 May 2013

Deborah Lippmann - Dancing in the Dark


While I was in the Philippines two weeks ago, I went a little bit crazy at the Rustan's Department Store (similar to Myer/David Jones). There was MAC, Stila, NARS etc etc and at a much cheaper prices than Australia (only some brands, Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier were on par).

I had seen Deborah Lippmann polishes online and in blogs but I had yet to come across any in the flesh until I went to Rustan's.

I IMMEDIATELY fell in love with the range of polishes, and I would dare say that it's now taken over as my number one brand (move over China Glaze/OPI!). The range is so classy and I love the colours and the glitter shades are divine and do not look tacky at all!!! LOVE!

So I bought 13 shades and was given an extra polish and nail file as a freebie. I'll be doing a blog post about each individual colour. I didn't know which one to start off with so I just put them all in a bag, shut my eyes and picked one out and the first one was "Dancing in the Dark".

Macro shot (no filter/edit)



 Capturing glitter polish in photos is REALLY hard but I've tried my hardest to show you how nice these glitters are! Dancing in the Dark is a grey glitter polish with multicoloured flecks throughout.

One coat - macro shot no edit.
Two coats no base (macro shot no edit)
 Even though the glitter coat was quite dense after only two coats I still wasn't 100% happy with it so I thought I would try it with a base colour to get more oomph out of it.
To really amp up the glitter/grey in this shade I grabbed OPI Number One Nemesis from the Amazing Spiderman Collection. This was also a really hard colour to capture on camera and is a grey metallic polish with gold flecks.

Number One Nemesis - macro no edit
Two coats of polish - no edit/filter
Two coats (macro shot - no edit/filter)
Once the two coats were dry I applied two coats of Dancing in the Dark and here was the result: AMAZING!!! Absolutely in love! Look at that SPARKLE! <3


Macro shot (no edit/filter)
I would definitely wear this as a top coat over another shade as I didn't really like it as a glitter on its own. The dried texture reminds me of the OPI Mariah Carey Collection without the roughness and without being tacky. This is a definite WIN for Deborah Lippmann!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...